Clayton Sleep Institute, an independent sleep laboratory accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, is currently seeking a full-time overnight Polysomnographic Technologist or trainee. Clayton Sleep Institute (CSI) is a sleep center equipped to recognize, diagnose and treat all sleep-related issues. CSI diagnoses and treats the full range of adult and pediatric sleep disorders from sleep apnea to insomnia, restless leg syndrome, periodic limb movement and narcolepsy.
This position is for licensed polysomnographic technologists or those desiring a career as a sleep technician. No experience is necessary. Clayton Sleep Institute will provide formal and on-the-job training to learn how to educate, monitor and initiate treatment for patients with sleep disorders.
Job duties include
- Monitor sleep center patients, including attaching sensors to patients
- Produce excellent quality polysomnographic recordings and detailed notes of interactions with patients
- Care for patient needs during evaluations, including answering questions, assisting in and out of bed, and ensuring comfort
- Provide accurate information and act in a courteous, caring and professional manner at all times
- Assist with general cleaning duties
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good reasoning abilities
- Ability to remain awake and alert during overnight hours
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Basic computer skills
- Minimum High School graduate or equivalent; BA or BS in a related field preferred
- Physical ability to lift 40 pounds
- Physical ability to assist with lifting patients
Clayton Sleep Institute offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. This is a full-time, overnight position for the CSI sleep clinic located at 2531 South Big Bend Boulevard in St. Louis.
Send a letter of interest and resume to Matt Uhles, MS, R.PSGT, Principal Investigator/Sub-Investigator