CSI for Sleep Clinic Start Up and Operations—A Variety of Business Models
In addition to its headquarters and one branded sleep clinic in Farmington, Missouri, Clayton Sleep Institute also provides staff and operates five affiliated sleep clinics with business partners in St. Louis and seven other markets in Missouri and Illinois.
CSI trains, manages and employs the technical staff in these affiliated clinics, provides the testing and clinical infrastructure and may provide all or a portion of the physician sleep test reading, including the most complex sleep tests. In addition, CSI provides consultation to these affiliated clinics on an as-needed basis for sleep disorders ranging from complex insomnia to restless leg syndrome and narcolepsy.
The CSI affiliate clinics have various operating models:
- Hospital-based clinic operating inside a major metropolitan academic medical center
- Hospital-based clinic operating inside a regional medical center in a community outlying a metro area
- Hospital-based clinic operating inside a community hospital in a rural area
- Freestanding clinic in a rural community outlying a metro area
- Freestanding clinic associated with a physician group and operating in a mid-size community in an area with multiple hospitals and regional medical centers